Our vision for our children, young people and families priority is to ensure that people have the best start to life and that we can enable children to be ‘happy, healthy at home’. We are led by a strong focus on working with children, young people and families and involving them as much as possible in designing our services.
The principles below guide our work.
- Co-production with children and families should be at the heart of our work and our approach.
- Everything we do should be aligned to the children’s plan for the local authorities in our place – City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council and North Yorkshire Council (that covers the Craven district)
- We have a strong focus on prevention.
- We work closely with colleagues in other sectors, most notably those working in mental health, learning disabilities, neurodiversity, public health, prevention – locally and across West Yorkshire.
- We involve and engage widely, this includes ensuring that schools, education and primary care are involved.
- Access to a strong research base in our region informs our work
- Make sure that the Craven district is a core part of the work, and that the specific and unique issues to Craven are understood and different approaches are taken to address them.