Setting the strategic vision
Setting the strategic vision for reducing inequalities
The Reducing Inequalities Alliance aims to inspire a shared vision for reducing inequalities in health (and the determinants of health).
This will need a culture where addressing inequalities is everybody’s business.
For this to happen we need to challenge existing processes. We need to apply the inequalities lens to all projects, programmes, objectives and outcomes. Collectively we need to support and influence local strategies for a systematic approach to reducing inequalities.
- Our Reducing Inequalities Alliance call to action for Bradford District and Craven – This covers our call to action and why we decided to form a Reducing Inequalities Alliance for Bradford District and Craven. It explains the different types of inequalities that exist locally and how you can get involved to be part of the solution.
- Our Reducing Inequalities Toolkit for community partnerships
- Our standard slide deck
- Key measures for reducing inequalities visual – Across our district there are already strategies in place to reduce inequalities. These measures all contribute improving healthy life expectancy for our population.
The Reducing Inequalities Alliance Network has been holding a number of ‘deep dive’ sessions. The purpose of these sessions is to bring key system partners together to explore specific topics in order to develop future plans and/or overcome barriers.
Recent sessions have focussed on supporting our priority programmes leads to develop their plans and have included topics such as Serious Mental Illness and Children and Young People.
- Serious Mental Illness (session held November 2022 – slides available on request)
- View our Taking a deep dive into babies, children, and young people’s inequalities – Bradford District & Craven Health & Care Partnership (bdcpartnership.co.uk) blog (session held February 2023 slides available on request)
- Digital inclusion (session held May 2023 – slides available on request). View our Reducing the digital divide – Bradford District and Craven Health and Care Partnership (bdcpartnership.co.uk) blog.
- Anti-poverty strategy (session held May 2023 – slides and strategy available on request)